Saturday, March 3, 2012

Chasing Shadows by Gia


Chasing Shadows
By: Gia Reverie

The sun’s setting
And the shadows linger...
Spreading throughout my mind.

Feeling, with outreached fingertips
Longing to sense something obtainable.

Nothing.

Ghosts accompany me
In the darkness...
Yet I can feel the light.

Slow and steady breathes
Visible in the bitter cold.

Shivering.

Goosebumps arise upon
Desolate scared flesh...
Realization that I’m alive.

Alive, like the emotions
Swirling throughout my mind.

Loving.

Palpitations of the heart
When the silhouette’s beckon...
Reassuring they’re not figments of the imagination

Visible, yet out of reach
The closer I come the farther they stretch

Attached.

Mind, soul and heart
To the perpetual shadows that dwell...
Within my mind and in my line of vision.

Thriving, every moment
As they surround me.

Invisible yet real.

0 comments:

Post a Comment