Saturday, July 9, 2011

Tribute To Lady Joie

The voice. It's the voice. I remember when I first encountered this Lady, a long time ago, when the courtyard was made of stone and there were pillows thrown onto the hard dark grey ledges. I walked over, not sure yet exactly what Dominion would be about, and I saw this woman literally surrounded by kneeling boys.

She had about five of them clustered at her feet, like enthralled children. And she was bestowing mild comments upon each of them, in that voice that was thick and warm and rich and round and slow and dangerous. And they were captivated. I stood there, a little shocked, because at the time SL voice was pretty much unknown to me. This was one of the first isolated voices I encountered. I tried to walk my avatar around her like she was just another person. I tried to pretend I would just keep walking, and explore another area of the sim. But she wasn't just another person. Because it wasn't just her dark-sweet tone. It was the precision with which she described her preference for a particular flogger, the clear presence of her pleasure in sadism, her blatant manipulation of the boy who dared to speak to her as if he were her equal. She was informed, assured, laughing, comfortable.

And today she is still all these things. When she's in the courtyard with us, she brings a dark glow with her, a combination of her voice and her knowledge, her self-presentation and her visible sadism, her courtesy, her casualness, her grounded perspective. There are a number of women at the Dominion who create atmosphere, who contribute as much to the intangible feel of the sim as they do to the sim's resources and events. And certainly this woman is one of those luminous forces. And for that I want to thank you, Joie Arai.

0 comments:

Post a Comment