Thursday, October 21, 2010

2nd Anniversary tribute - Hylarks

The Dominion Femdom

It is very difficult for me to put in to words what The Dominion Femdom means to me. I suppose if you asked some people, their answer might be “just another sim in Second Life”. Others might describe it as a sex or bdsm sim. A lot of people might look at you and shrug not knowing what the Dominion is at all, as shocking as that may be. Opinions, I am sure, would vary from very positive to very negative and everywhere in between.

For me however, it is very much Home!

It is true that the Dominion is not just one sim, but a network of Sims that offer areas to play, live, shop and socialize. It does not take long to see how much work and effort has gone in to creating this paradise. From the castle, to both shopping districts, The Cove, a forest and residential areas every detail has been painstakingly crafted and brought to life. A walk around this magnificent place is something I would recommend to anyone and everyone. You may find you see something new each and every time. However, as beautiful as it is, that is not what sets it above and apart from other Sims of its kind.

While some Femdom Sims sits idle and empty, why is it that there is always activity at The Dominion? The answer to that, in this subs opinion, is the leadership. When you are talking leadership and The Dominion one name should leap into the forefront.

Lady Evangeline Eames.

Lady Evangeline is also not one to demand attention for anything she has done. She does not feel the need to flaunt the fact she is the owner and first Lady of The Dominion. In fact the exact opposite is true. In a conversation, I was present at; a sub asked Lady Evangeline why She did not wear a “First Mistress” tag. Lady Evangeline answered that She did not want to put Herself above any other Mistress. During my short time on staff I was witness to how quietly and effectively Lady Evangeline ran The Dominion, spending hours upon hours working in the back ground for the benefit of those who frequent this wonderful Sim.

Lady Evangeline is most definitely a great leader. It has been stated that a great leader is not one who knows or does everything, but one that surrounds them with motivated people who will. Lady Evangeline has done exactly that with the staff of The Dominion. Every event whether it is a special onetime event or a regularly scheduled weekly event You will find a staff member there running it. Being a staff member also means You are on call to handle any situation that may occur on site. You also may find Yourself a confidant to many and a friend to many more. Staffs members are dedicated individuals who work very hard to help make The Dominion what it is. The Dominion, again in this sub’s opinion, has and will continue to succeed primarily due to the hard work of both Lady Evangeline and the rest of the Dominion staff.

To say I have made some mistakes would be a vast understatement. I have had my share of pain and anguish. I have left the Dominion and returned. I guess that the old proverb is true; “you never really know what you have till you lose it”. The Dominion is not just a place; it is a home for me where I can be who I am and not fear ridicule or prejudice. The Dominion offers the structure and clearly set rules I require to fit in and really explore my submissive side in a safe and secure environment. I am accepted for who I am, good, bad and ugly.

I do have to publicly thank my Mistress here, as without Lady Destiny Teardrop’s guidance my pride would have prevented me from ever reaching this point. It was she who has guided my steps back to The Dominion and into Her Service as Her submissive.

I also wish to publicly thank Lady Evangeline and Her staff for creating and running this wonderful place where I can explore and live the life of a submissive. It is truly a treasure for me and those of us who have nowhere else to explore this side of our personalities.
Congratulations Lady Evangeline and all staff members on The Dominion’s 2nd anniversary.

0 comments:

Post a Comment