Sunday, September 5, 2010

Ode to ladies - Miss Destiny

Who are they?

They are mothers and daughters
Sisters and girlfriends
Wives and aunties
Cousins and nieces

They are sometimes Ladies
They are always women.

They inspire and entertain me
They cajole and console me
Their wisdom knows no bounds.

They advise and comfort me
When troubles start to grind me
They bring me up when I am down.

Their fashion sense astounds me
Their humour brings me joy
They make my days special
and those of every boy.

Their strength supports me
They hold my hand without a sound
They are the Ladies of the Dominion
who I am proud to be around.


I love you Medussa, Maisy and Eva
Violet, Mandalay, Busty, Zarita.
Eloise, Janice, Sara and Joie
Madeleine, Sue, not forgetting Miyani.
So thank you my friends,
I can't name you all, but I do need to say
without you, I'd fall.

This ode is for you
from the bottom of my heart
It's corny and cliched
But consider it a start,
or at least a gesture
in a world full of muddle
to encircle you in my arms
for a great big cuddle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment