Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Confession - Anon Domme

Domme’s Confession.

I am a well known Domme who considers The Dominion her Femdom home in SL, and this is my confession:

When I first came to the Dominion I didn’t like it. Not at all.

There were a few reasons – those of you who were here in the early days might remember that the conversation area was laid out very differently back then. You had to approach it from the side, and it gave me an unwelcoming first impression, as if it was purposefully trying to keep people out. Also, my first introduction to the D included some Dommes who I could only describe as “poor quality”. I witnessed a new boy – and by that I mean a person who was new to SL - being cruelly tortured – and no, this wasn’t a pre-agreed public humiliation – this was the non-consensual “tearing of a new one”. I know this because I spoke to him in IM and had to spend a bit of time consoling him after the way he was treated by these other lowlife dommes. I gave the poor soul some lm’s for some other femdoms I frequented, told him he’d receive a better welcome in one of those and sent him on his way.

I stayed a while to observe, and unfortunately nothing improved. I was not made to feel welcome, subs were not made to feel welcome, and it felt to me as though this was the home of a closed clique who didn’t want to welcome any new people. I left, thinking “This place won’t last long” and didn’t return for a while.

A time later, however, I had to return to Dominion – and I was pleased to see that the convo area had been redesigned. It was now the rough semi-circle that we all know and love and it opened onto the lawn area, which gave a much more welcoming and lighter feel to the place. I dealt with my business, and stayed for a while to see if anything else had changed from my first experience.

I like to think of myself as an open-minded person, always open to new information and to having my mind changed by it where this is warranted. This time I was warmly welcomed, and chatted to some very nice women – and in what was a little used medium in SL at the time – Voice! It made a real difference to how I perceived the Dominion, and even though subs were treated more strictly than I had experienced in a lot of other SL femdoms, this time it seemed more in line with SSC/RACK and felt much more interesting.

I was intrigued.

Up to this point I had never met the Dominion’s owner – Evangeline Eames, and I wasn’t a member of the group. In fact, following my first experience I remember thinking “The cheek of that woman to ask for 250L to join her precious group of cliqued wannabes”. There was no way I was going to hand over my hard earned lindens to be part of THAT group!

But as I mentioned I was intrigued, and so I swallowed my pride, handed over my 250L, got my “Dominion Mistress” tag and also got voice verified by one of the staff members who was there at the time. I issued a silent challenge to The Dominion – “Ok then, change my mind – prove yourself to me”.

And she did.

I explored the sim, now that I could get access to the members only areas, I read about the hierarchy and social structure in the community and was interested to hear about the website and blog that had just been set up. I began to realise that the sim was beautifully built with elegant lines and sophisticated colours that appealed strongly to my own style. I loved the social structure – that sort of hierarchy really appeals to me, and I began slowly to think that this might actually be a place that could be attractive to me – but I was still cynical and pushed that thought aside, keeping the challenge firmly in my mind.

I went along to my first event – Trials and Punishments. I don’t really know what I expected from this, probably something poorly run and with the aim of degrading the poor subbies even further without their consent [based, I’m sure, on the slight chip that still resided on my shoulder from my early experiences]. I couldn’t have been more wrong. The set was meticulously put together, and Eva Eames and the two Judges [there were two in those days, but I can’t remember who the second Lady Judge was] ran the whole event with a professionalism I had rarely seen in SL. It was a riot! I can honestly say that I laughed so much there were tears falling from my eyes as I sat looking at the screen. I was impressed, and believe me, that is not so easily done.

I found myself hanging out in the D more and more. And I found myself comparing Dominion with other femdoms that I also spent time in. More and more, Dominion was coming out on top in my estimation. Eventually I decided to make a larger commitment and applied to become a Lady of the Dominion. I was genuinely delighted when my application was accepted, and I wore the tag with pride [a lot more so than when I first wore the Dominion Mistress with a slight contempt and distain!].

The Dominion has gone from strength to strength in the intervening time – the Fetish sim gives us great shopping options, the Art Gallery for us to explore our artistic sides, great new events – both serious and fun, Dominion on Fetlife, FemDom magazine, style blog and the list goes on and on.

So my confession is this: I have changed from a Dominion-cynic, to a Dominion-o-phile. I have had more fun and challenge in Dominion than in any other SL femdom I have visited.

This is a true and honest confession, not requested or encouraged by any staff member or any other person with a vested interest in promoting the Dominion. I issued a silent challenge to the D and she came through for me with aplomb. I look forward to seeing what treats lie ahead in the future and in continuing to be a part of the Dominion Family.

1 comments:

Evangeline Eames said...

Wow! I wonder who wrote that! I have a guess but I won't say here. We all have our bad moments, our bad days. I'm so glad this lady, whoever you are, gave us another chance. What a wonderful compliment to Dominion. Thank you!

Post a Comment