Saturday, September 19, 2009

Confession - David Lorefield

The sunlight filters through the trees just outside my window. Iridescent patterns play games of tag on the ceiling as the light reflects from the lake. My eyes are still half closed - i have not yet woken fully.  But as i rub the sleep from my eyes, i can feel that it is going to be a good day. 

Rising from my bed, naked as always, i move to the table and uncover the bowl of clean, clear water that I placed there last night. I take the cloth, soak it in cold water and using the cleansing salve given to me by my Mistress, i wash myself. Every inch of my body is scrubbed and purified before i take the rough woven drying towel and remove the excess moisture from my skin. my skin is now glowing red from the roughness of the towel but it doesn't matter.

My clothes lay neatly folded in the corner of the room ready for me to dress. i take them item by item; my woolen leggings, plain white shift and worn sandals; and dress myself slowly.

Now that i am dressed i open the door and leave my room. The house is strangely quiet but peaceful. my Mistress must be in the garden enjoying the morning air. i walk outside and see Her standing by the lake. She is radiant in the morning light and my heart skips a beat as i gaze upon Her.

"Good Morning, My boy", she breathes softly. "I am glad you are awake. I have many chores for you today. But if you serve me well, there will be great rewards too". I lift my eyes to look directly into Hers and see that well-known glint of mischief and promise that so often has me falling over myself trying to please Her.

"How can i serve You today, Mistress?" i ask, longing to bring at least some mote of happiness to Her life during the waking hours of the day.

"you can serve Me well, My boy, as I'm sure you will".

  i smile, as i know She is right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment